Glen Park is a village in Jefferson County, New York. The population was 502 at the 2010 census. The village is on the border of the towns of Brownville and Pamelia and is immediately northwest of the city of Watertown.
Glen Park was incorporated in 1893, Between 1890 and 1904 Glen Park became the gathering place for thousands of pleasure seekers from the Black River Valley. The park was started as an outdoor amusement enterprise about 1891 by the Watertown and Brownville Street Railway company, which had been completed and opened to traffic on May 20, 1891. So popular was this amusement park a reference was made to Glen Park as the “Coney Island of the North Country”.
Many paper mills and businesses have come and gone in the last century plus. Today the Village of Glen Park is currently the home of a privately held 32.65 MW Hydroelectric generating facility capable of generating 151,611 megawatt-hours of clean electricity per year, enough to power 14,578 homes.